1. Reserve your username across all platforms. Reserve your username across all the social media platforms even if you do not need them now. This keeps imposters away and you may need those usernames some day.
2. Decide which social media platform(s) best suits your needs. Not all social media platforms are suitable for your kind of marketing campaign. Trying to build a presence and stay significantly active on all available social media platforms can be time consuming and counterproductive. Instead, you need to identify platforms that bring the best results and focus on them.
3. Optimize your social media platforms. Once you have decided on the platforms you intend to use, focus on optimizing your profiles in order to get more followers. A few items to consider include using a real profile picture, writing clear and comprehensive about pages for your profiles and including a link to your website.
4. Connect your social media accounts to your website. Having all your active accounts connected to your websites helps to keep the conversation going. Visitors on your website can link to any of the listed accounts and your followers on social media can find out more about your offerings.
5. Track mentions. This is where PR kicks in. Use available tools to track every mention of your brand across all platforms and find out what people are saying about you or your brand. Do not miss a chance to neutralize any negative talk.
Until next time...
Have a great day,
Check out my upcoming workshops here!