This is true whether you are selling xylophones or zebras, physical products or virtual services. Understanding how people interact with your website or blog is crucial for the longevity and profitability of your business. That is exactly what Google Analytics offers.
Google is the largest search engine in the world, responsible for up to 90% of all web searches depending on what estimates you refer to. 40,000 search queries are processed every second by Google. This means that the traffic coming from Google to your website, whether paid or generic, can provide you with the best possible view of important business metrics.
Google Analytics is a Google product. It is a web-based application that reveals important traffic and behavior patterns in relationship to your online business. The free service has evolved since 2005 to answer, among other questions, the following:
- How many unique and repeat visitors go to your site/blog each month?
- Which countries is your traffic coming from?
- Which websites, blogs and search engines are referring your visitors?
- Do your visitors access your business on their smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop PC?
- Which web browser do they use?
- Which pages of your site attract the most traffic?
- What type of content engages your prospects and keeps them on your site, and what kinds of content have them leaving in a hurry?
- Which of your marketing campaigns and strategies are the most and least effective?
Understanding the answers to those and other important traffic questions is extremely powerful. Google has created an intelligent and free piece of software which integrates perfectly with your website to reveal important information you need for optimizing your site to grow your business.
Until next time...
Have a great day,
Check out my upcoming workshops here!